Wednesday, March 25, 2009


Today is Dylan's second birthday. HAPPY BIRTHDAY DYLAN!!!! I miss you. I want to be there soooooo much to celebrate with him, but they live in Charlotte, NC and well, that's too far to go for dinner. However, we are going up on April 4th for a few days, so we'll get to see them then. Bryanna is pregnant with #2 due August 17th. She is having a girl!!! Yes, a girl!!! How lucky can they be. I'm really excited. Now she will have the great opportunity of raising a daughter and a son.

I got back a couple of days ago from a trip to Natchez, MS with my friend, Chris. She is going to work out there for a few months. We had a blast. Although there wasn't much to see on our ride out there, we managed to laugh and laugh and plan all my organization at home. Now I have just got to get to work and put the plans into play. I miss Chris terribly. She was my playmate on the weekends for a couple of months. We had fun at Disney and scrapbooking and just hanging out. We can always find something to do and laugh about. Good luck Chris on your new adventure.

My mom's birthday is coming up and I am feeling very weepy about that. I miss her so much. I find myself wanting to call her. I still haven't taken her number out of my phone yet. Marilyn and I are planning a trip to Celebration on April 10th to have lunch and stop by the church where they are and spend some time just being there where they loved it so. It will be a hard weekend for me with her birthday and Easter all together. But I will get through it. I am a survivor and I survive.

I go in for surgery on April 15 for my 5th back surgery. The doc has to do another fusion and take out the hardware that is in there. I am not looking forward to this, but am hoping it will eliviate my pain and make it possible to walk some distance again. This disc is affecting my upper legs and thighs. I cannot walk more than a short distance without being in pain and feeling as though I am going to fall. I miss my daily walks. Of course, my weight problem misses them too. I hope you all will take a minute out of your day on the 15th to just send me positive energy to get through this surgery and recovery. Thanks.

Well, got to go. I have things to do and people to see. I hope all of you are fine and healthy. I think of my family and friends often and know I should keep in touch more, just don't do it. Love you all.

3 comments:

Jennifer said...

Ann, it is hard to believe that Nana isn't here to receive those birthday calls. I'll be thinking of you as you make your way through that day and Easter.

When my mom's birthday rolled around, we celebrated with a sail on the ocean--an opportunity Heather had won in a silent auction. It was a celebration--of who she had been, of the privilege of having known her and been raised by her, and of all that we might become. I celebrate her still and am grateful we will be with Heather on the Cape this year for her birthday. Would I choose to celebrate with her? Absolutely--not a day goes by that I wouldn't gladly add her into the mix. But do I celebrate still? Yes, yes, yes!

Love to you!

Christine N Gauthier said...

I miss you too my friend! Love your blog entry! Happy Bday to Dylan!

PETER Sanborn said...

YOU have much to be grateful for - and more excitement ahead...thanks for your words...it's interesting to me, that mother's birthday comes on good Friday...